Modernist , Bread: , The , Art , and , Science , 0982761058, 9780982761052
Modernist Bread: The Art and Science is a revolutionary new understanding of one of the most important staples of the human diet. Created by the team that published the award-winning Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking, this massive treasury of practical knowledge and groundbreaking techniques captures over four years of independent research and collaborations with leading industry professionals; the result is the most in-depth look at bread to date. Stunning photography brings the complete story of bread to life across five volumes—uncover its incredible history, loaves from every corner of the world, and the breath-taking beauty of scientific phenomena at work above and below the crust. In addition, you will discover innovative recipes and techniques developed by the Modernist Cuisine team that have not been published anywhere else. Housed in a sleek stainless steel case, this five-volume set contains more than 1,500 traditional and avant-garde recipes, as well as a wire-bound kitchen manual so that you can easily bring all of the recipes into the kitchen in one compact collection. Spanning over 2,300 pages, Modernist Bread will become an invaluable resource for anyone who has a thirst for knowledge about bread or wants to advance their craft. This book is a call to arms for any baker—whether you are a strict traditionalist, avid modernist, home baker, restaurant chef, or an artisanal baker—to embrace the possibilities of invention and follow your inspiration to make breads in your own way.
Excited about Modernist Bread? We are too—which is why we’ve put together this special deal for you. Now when you preorder Modernist Bread: The Art and Science and the companion calendar, you will receive $15 off the price of the book, effectively making the calendar free.
This coupon is only available with the purchase of the calendar during the pre-order period for the book, and while supplies of the calendar last. Here’s how it works:
1. Purchase your Modernist Bread 2017 wall calendar.
2. The coupon for a $15 savings on the price of the book will become available after the transaction is complete. You won’t immediately see the coupon-- it will be waiting for you when you’re ready to preorder the book.
3. Go to the Modernist Bread: The Art and Science book page.
4. Add the book to your cart. The coupon will automatically appear under the price of the book when you view your shopping cart or on your Amazon coupon homepage.
5. Click or tap on the “Clip Coupon” button. This will apply the coupon discount to the book.
6. Proceed to checkout. The coupon savings will appear on the final order page under the ‘Place your Order’ button.
The Modernist Cuisine team is an interdisciplinary group in Bellevue, Washington, founded by Nathan Myhrvold. The team comprises scientists, research and development chefs, a full editorial and photography department, and business and marketing staff—all dedicated to advancing the science of the culinary arts through creativity and experimentation.
Modernist Bread: The Art and Science
- BookModernist Bread: The Art and Science
- Author:Nathan Myhrvold,Francisco Migoya,
- Publishing Date:2017-10-24
- Publisher:The Cooking Lab
- Number Of pages:2642